1. Go LOCAL! Make sure you pick a local contractor. You don’t want to pick someone out of state to have them flee with your money. Even if they complete the job you may have problems appear in the future so you will want a local contractor that can quickly come out to the job site.
2. Check their Louisiana license before giving any money. You can search on the Louisiana Board of Contractors to see if your potential contractor has an up to date license number.
3. Take a picture with your contractor on the job site. If your contractor isn’t willing to take a photo with you on the job with their contract then they should not be doing work for you.
4. Check the Better Business Bureau website for bad reviews. No business is perfect but what they do when something goes wrong is key. If they have had any reports with the BBB they will have been given a chance to make it write. Be sure to read details.
5. Only hire a contractor with INSURANCE! It is not worth the risk to hire someone or a company without them being insured. Ask for a copy of their insurance. Do not just believe what you hear.
Buildpro is a local Louisiana contractor and will be happy to give you a free estimate on any job. We are licensed and insured along with a A+ rating with the BBB.